CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Moving/911/misc.

Is DEFINITELY not my favorite thing in the world. Especially when I have to do it all by myself. Takes a lot out of a girl. So anyway...my dad and my uncle are coming down today with my bed and dressers so I will FINALLY have MY bed to sleep in!!! This pullout is getting a little uncomfortable. I've got everything else in my apt. Just waiting on my "big stuff". I can't wait to get it all unpacked and put away....then I'll take some pics and share my new home with ya'll. Not really a whole lot going on other than that. I'm working like a mad woman starting tomorrow night. I go to work at 10pm and work until 6am Tuesday morning, then i go back to work at 2pm on Tuesday and work until 10 and then work at 7am Wednesday....it's a little intense. But it's good for me.

I'm going NORTH on Friday to see my friends and family!!! I can't WAIT!!! Then on Sunday I've got a date....we're going to a demolition derby and then out to dinner and stuff. It'll be a blast. The date isn't with a new person...it's the guy that lives in TN. So I'm really looking forward to that. I haven't seen him in over a month!!! That's about all I've got to share. Nothing new happening in my life...kindda seems pointless to have a blog these days. I don't do anything but work...OH i will share my latest "funny call". I had a lady call 911 on Friday....

me: "911. Where is your emergency?"

lady: (frantic)"Um yeah hi, i'm traveling north on ...... and i just wanted to let someone know
there is a turtle on the road."

me: (trying not to laugh) "is it ON the road or on the side of the road?"

lady: "oh it's about 200 yards off the road in the shoulder, but I just wouldn't want it to crawl
onto the road and get run over"

me: (still trying not to laugh) "ok ma'am, I'm going to transfer you to State Patrol, you're on
their road so they'll have to help you, hold on"

lady: "oh thank you, i just don't want to see the little guy get hurt"

me: "no problem, hold on"

911 is for emergencies people...not TURTLES. it was pretty funny though, and it came right after a stressful call so it was a good relief.....I've got another story to share with you, happened a few days after I started....

me: "911 where is your emergency?"

little boy: "hello? help me"

me: "what is your name?

little boy "please help me"

me: "what's wrong?"

little boy "i lost my daddy's remote and he's going to be really mad"

me: (breathing a sigh of relief)....gave the "911 is for emergencies only...is your
mommy or daddy home?" speech. it was pretty cute.

So with all the stress in my job, there are some humerus points to it as well. And I wouldn't trade it for the world.

4 comments:

Jaime Cox said...

See, that's why you need to blog. Now I'll never be afraid to call 911! lol..... Those stories are hilarious!

jessica said...

my hubby has some pretty outrageous 911 stories :) how stupid ARE people, really, a turtle?? when i read your post title i thought it was a moving emergency (moving/911) ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Funny stories!! I called 911 once because a dog was on the highway. I was so scared he was going to get hit by a car. When i called the 911 dispatcher said I was the 10th call. I guess there are a lot of dog lovers out there like me.

Jaime Cox said...

tell us some more stories! hahhaa!