First of all let me say that I'm sorry for not taking a picture of yesterday's events....what were yesterday's events, you ask??? 50* WEATHER, sun shining like it was summer, snow melting so fast there were little rivers going down the road...it was B-E-A-UTIFUL!!! Today, key word there being day, was also beautiful. Not 50* but it was about 36*, anything above freezing is A-OK with me these days....and then the day part of today was over and I was at school on a break from my three hour class and I look outside, and honestly I could have cried....SNOW!!!! But not just snow, no of course not, northern MN the day after the most beautiful day since the beginning of FALL and what is it doing?! It's precipitating a nice mixture of rain + snow....just freaking lovely. Well, after sitting through an hour and a half of what was suppose to be my four hour class later on in the evening, we got out early. So off I trek to the parking lot to my rental car (there is a story about the rental car that will be coming at the end of this post that will undoubtedly make those of you that know what the past week has been like for me, feel bad for me...be prepared)....anyway. I get to the rental car, yell at myself because there is like 1.5 inches of snow blanketing the car (it's HEAVY snow too) and guess where my scraper/brush is...my living room floor....oh isn't THAT just a wonderful place for it. So after using the sleeve of my sweatshirt to get this crazy heavy snow off the car I head out...I slowly make my way to the freeway, pace myself at 50mph (the roads are horrible and the plows are still sleeping)...I then get on the road that leads me to my house....and I am STUCK behind a Ford Explorer (4-wheel drive, big tires, etc.) going.....THIRTY F**KING MILES AN HOUR (excuse my french)....are you kidding me?! Props to you, you frickin' moron, for taking it easy but SERIOUSLY?! We played this fun game of me following a good distance behind it (passing is not an option in this weather) and SCREAMING at this freaking Explorer the whole 5 miles home....I was absolutely livid....anyway. I made it home....
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Did I miss something???!!!
I got way sidetracked there, sorry. The intent of this post was to tell you all it was 50* here and sunny yesterday, snow melted a TON....and tonight...it is 30 I think the news said and this is what it looks like outside....
Please note the deep tire tracks in the snow behind the car, which means there are at least 2-3 inches out there right now (and it's obviously not done yet)...and one could assume, and I can contest, that there was ONLY blacktop there yesterday.....I live in the butt-hole of America. You never know when you're going to get shit on....UGH..ok enough about the weather.
That lovely thing covered in snow above, is my rental. It's pretty boring as far as cars go. Power NOTHING, AM/FM radio....lame, lame, lame, LAME.... that being said...I was driving to school today on the phone with my loving mother, talking about some job call backs I got (another post in and of itself:) and I get to school, park...get my backpack ready to go, I put the keys in my purse and zip up my purse (i'm still on the phone mind you, i'm talented what can I say), I lock the door (remember power nothing, which means no power locks or keyless entry), I get out of the car to put on my backpack, after the backpack is on I'm saying goodbye to my mom and I put my phone in the pocket of my jeans, and then I do the unthinkable....I shut the door.....F-*-*-K. That word, without the stars, came just FLYING out of my mouth. So there I stand, staring at my purse, which was on the seat, with the keys just chillin' in my purse looking at me....in my opinion they were laughing at me, stupid keys. So, now I'm one step short of crying my eyes out because I just have NOT had a good week. I call my dad, he calls his cop buddy and dad calls back and says it'll be 20 minutes...well i don't have 20 minutes cuz I have school. So I tell my dad to tell him to put the key in the gas cap thingy and my purse in the trunk, "ok" says dad. So I go to class and after class #1 I go outside, open the gas cap thingy, get the key, open the trunk. To my absolute HORROR....I find not one, but TWO empty vodka bottles just hangin' out next to my purse. OH. MY. GOD!!! These are not my vodka bottles, this isn't even my CAR, i just got the car Monday late afternoon. So I call my dad, told him the story and made him promise to call his cop buddy (whom I know very well also) and tell him those aren't my bottles, and then to call the rental place and bitch them out for not inspecting their vehicles before letting other people use them. UGH.
Anyone still reading??? Doubt it, perfect. I just needed to vent. And to top it off, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be getting a visit from an unwelcome guest here within the next few days so I'm really frickin' emotional and the LITTLEST things set me off. I was listening to a SONG, a frickin' SONG about people getting married on the way to school and I was crying my eyes out....awful I tell you, awful. Anyway. Two more days...two more days....then I can relax.
I need a vacation!!!!! Good thing spring break is next week, I just wish I didn't have to work.
Posted by Mel at 12:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Mel, do you ever long for a simple life? Well, don't. Yours is so much better, and this way you have loads to blog about. Just keep you camera with you!
Can it just be a LITTLE bit more simple...PLEASE?!
LOL, sounds like you've had one hell of a week!!! Must be something in the air lately, because honestly mine has sucked too!! Well I hope things get better for you, the weekend is almost here, so that is enough to make anyone happy!!! Have a good day, when are we going to see some new pics of your eye??? I notice your last post was called my eye....i thought it was going to be a nice pic of the stitches and what not!!!
Post a Comment