CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 15, 2008

The Big 2-2...

It's that time of year again...Valentine's day is over...people "forget" to tell each other they love each other and the next time they will be reminded is 364 days from now....men become significantly less romantic because they don't have to be anymore...just when things start to look depressing...have no fear....IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!:) Weird to write about, I know, celebrating my own birthday... but I LOVE my birthday!!! My birthday is the ONE time during the year that is MY day. No one else's day....MY day. My parents, family and friends have this tradition of spoiling me on my birthday and this year is no different. My parents already got me the camera that I wanted, but this morning I woke up to a text from my mom telling me Happy Birthday and that there was $100.00 that magically appeared in my bank account....(SWEET!!!) My grandparents sent me $25.00 in the mail along with a candle and some lotion. My other grandparents said to expect their gift today in the mail. Tonight I'm going out to eat with friends and family....now if I could ONLY wriggle out of working today, then my day would be complete:)

I know turning 22 doesn't "allow" me to do anything special, but it's my day. I know some of you are thinking "It's just another day", well not for me. Today is the ONE day where I can be about me. The other 364 days are basically spent thinking about other people, helping other people...

Do any of you still celebrate your birthdays? Anyone NOT celebrate birthdays? Do you have anything that you absolutely HAVE to do every year on your special day? Or do you think I'm just weird for being obsessed with my birthday?;) I hope you all have a wonderful day and a GREAT weekend!!!

3 comments:

jenny said...

happy birthday! have a great day! i love my birthday - it's in june and my favorite thing to do is get together with friends and have fun! whooohoo!

Anonymous said...

i also love, love love with my birthday, although a ripe old 10 years down the road you might look forward to it a little less... ha ha... i had never met anyone who shared my birthday until i married my hubby. his brother has the same bday. mine is in november and i've always loved that because, being from the great up north too, i loved getting snowmobile accessories. goofy? maybe! my blog

Jaime Cox said...

Happy Birthday!!
I try to think my bday is my special day but... it's not really anymore. I mean, I still try but, yeah, no big deal:)
You are SPOILED!! haha...