Applying- check that- THINKING about applying for a real(gulp), full-time, benefits package job is IN-frickin'-TENSE.....I know it's not a big deal... I'm qualified for the job, I have experience doing the SAME exact job that I'd be applying for, I'm going to school for it....I just... something inside me is scared to death!!! What if I make a mistake on my application, what if they think I'm too young, what if they just plain don't like me...there are SOOOO many what-ifs going on in my head right now it's unreal....but at the same time, I want the job more than I've ever wanted any other job in my entire 22-year old life (i know that's nothing). I absolutely LOVE the work that I do (NOT the insurance place), love it, how many people can say they LOVE their job? I know a few who can, but not many. I'm 22 years old and I LOVE the work that I do and the opportunity that's sitting in front of my face to potentially get to do it full time excites me to no end, and then the nerves kick in and I start to second guess myself.
I have successfully waited until the last minute to get an application, as it is due tomorrow. The worst part about handing in an application is the waiting afterwards. In my world, I want to hand my application in to the "higher ups" and sit outside their office while they look it over, then they call me back in for an interview, same day...wham, bam, thank you ma'am...I hate, hate, HATE the waiting game involved with it all, but that's life i guess.
Sorry for rambling and not making sense, but I'm nervous!!!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Yikes....
Posted by Mel at 12:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
goooooooooood luuuuuuuuuuuuck!
hey - relax! think positive and i'm sure that your experience will help! good luck!
Yes, good luck. It's OK to be nervous, but be nervous and postitive. If you weren't nervous, you'd really not be interested in the job, or an ass.
When you're handing in your app. in person, dress for the position, or better.
Thanks for the advice Jan!!!
Post a Comment